Thursday, August 21, 2014

An Introduction

Hello Internet!

I am a 26 year old man living in New England. My name is Ryan Erickson. I am a millennial. That provocative term has been put on me by people older than I am as a means to describe my state of my mind, my purpose in society, and my overall demeanor in social interactions.

I find it totally accurate.

I am proud of my millennial status and so should all members of my generation. It is not condescending, it is a branding that we desperately need. We are a generation WITHOUT purpose, WITHOUT a state of mind. Our entire worldview is shaped by our social interactions. These interactions, within and between generational gaps, are what are going to define us as we step into the administrative and executive powers that make the world spin.

The purpose of this blog, then, is to perhaps provide perspective. I consider myself a clean median of conservative and liberal. I've lived in a variety of places and have traveled a fair amount of the United States (the South West is my last destination, but that will be remedied soon!). I hope to comment on social/cultural/political issues as I see fit and to give some voice to my own thoughts. It is my wish that, should any other people actually read this blog, that they too come to some sort of coherent and rational idea about their own thoughts and can voice it here in a safe zone.

 I will enable comments, of course, but I want to make it clear that only rational and scientific discussions will be allowed. I have had a fair amount of religion interjected into my life and I find the constant appeals of the religious to be overwhelming and, sorry to say, a bit pointless. Quoting the bible is useful for a philosophy discussion, and on rare occasions where I do discuss philosophy they will be tolerated, but when I bring up topics of a scientific nature I would appreciate that everyone observes a "Religion-free" zone.

Thank you so much for checking out this site...and happy 21st Century to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment